Spanish Community - Under the direction of Father Richard Terga. These activities will be continued under the leadership and guidance of our Spanish Community Committee with and in full cooperation of Fr. Jim Sheehan.
The following are activities conducted by the Spanish-speaking community:
1) Preparation for the sacraments with appropriate Catechists. 2) (Suspended for now after September) - Baptisms, Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
3) The Nine-day-Novena of Posada in preparation of Christmas
4) Stations of the Cross during Lent
5) Celebration of the Patron Saint of the 18 nationalities represented by members of the Spanish community throughout the year, including Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico) and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (the Patroness of Chile).
6) Spanish Youth Group
7) Periodically we have a prayer workshop directed by lay catechists including Gloria Albelo.
8) Visitation of the sick of the Parish every Sunday by lay Eucharistic ministers
9) Every Lent penitential walk to Church in Queens or Brooklyn
10) Weekly meetings of Spanish Community Commitee on Sunday
11) Every Friday in the Parish Hall catechetical instruction for children/adolescents for First Communion/Confirmation under the supervision of Marcelle Devine
12) The committe should continue its social outreach to help poor, sick and homeless as they have done for these past 22 years.
The Masses are usually followed by a luncheon or snack, to which all are welcome.